Thank you for your interest in the Fredericksburg Jazz Festival! The FJF is committed to providing a positive experience for Jazz Ensembles of all abilities and achievement levels. The School Jazz Ensemble Competition of the Festival will take place during the day with Feature Artist Michael Davis presenting Beginning Improvisation, Intermediate/Advanced Improvisation, and Lecture Clinics throughout the day. All awards will be presented during the evening Feature Concert. School Ensemble programs will be limited to 3 tunes and the program should contain pieces of contrasting styles.
· Festival Classifications will include MS, 1A-4A, 5A, and 6A with Non-Varsity and Varsity divisions in each classification. Please note that if you are only bringing one ensemble your ensemble must be entered in the Varsity division of the appropriate class.
· Awards given will include Class & Division 1st-3rd place, Outstanding Soloist(s) for each group, and Overall Best in Festival Ensemble. Trophies will be given for ensemble awards and medals for Outstanding Soloists.
· Judges include: Elias Haslanger (Recording Artist, Saxophonist), Dr. Utah Hamrick (Professional Bassist & Professor of Bass at Texas State University-San Marcos), and Hank Hehmsoth (Professional Keyboardist, Composer, and Composition Faculty Texas State University-San Marcos)
· You will receive written feedback from the judging panel on your group’s performance
· You will receive a professional audio recording of your ensemble’s performance.
· With your ensemble’s registration you will receive an allotment of complimentary tickets for the evening Feature Concert. Middle School ensembles will receive up to 20 complimentary tickets and High School ensembles will receive up to 25 complimentary tickets. Please note that these tickets are only available for usage by Ensemble members/directors and are not for resale.
REGISTER HERE: FREDERICKSBURG JAZZ FESTIVAL REGISTRATION
· If you choose to not participate in the festival competition, but would still like to bring your students to the evening concert OR you would like to purchase tickets beyond the registration allotment, please email Jason Younts for a School Ticket Request form. You may purchase Adult and Student tickets for your group through the School Ticket request form.
· All registration check payments and tickets payments from schools should be made out to: Fredericksburg High School Band
· Middle School Ensembles - $275; If entering a 2nd group from the same school the 2nd ensemble’s registration fee is only $225. You may pay with one check.
High School Ensembles - $350; If entering a 2nd group from the same school the 2nd ensemble’s registration fee is only $300. You may pay with one check.
Registration is not considered complete until payment has been received.
Fredericksburg is in the heart of the Texas Hill Country and is only approximately 1 hour from San Antonio and Austin. Additionally, The Nimitz Museum is an outstanding educational opportunity for your students should you have time during your visit to Fredericksburg.
Performance time requests will be filled in the order of payment receipt. Register early to have the best opportunity to receive your requested time!
Please feel free to contact me with any additional questions at:
firstname.lastname@example.org OR 830-997-7551 Ext. 1178